Sanctuary ... A small safe place in a troubling world. - Lemony Snicket
Clear Out Clutter's Response to Covid-19
Please take your personal circumstances into account and those of any vulnerable people you come into contact with or live with before agreeing to use the in-home service. I am confident that my precautions minimise risk for you and me. However, it can’t be guaranteed that risk is eliminated.
I am working in homes with the following precautions:
- will cancel/rearrange a session if I feel unwell or if a member of my household feels unwell with symptoms of COVID-19. I ask you to do the same.
- will ask clients to leave internal doors, windows and external doors open, where possible.
- will take my temperature on the day of the session
- will travel by car where possible.
- will ring the doorbell/knock, stand 2 metres away and sanitise hands
- will wash hands regularly throughout the session, as required.
- will stay 2 metres apart, where possible.
- will wear a mask and definitely if we are less than 2 metres apart.
- will work side by side or back to back, where possible.
- will avoid touching face & eyes.
- will tie hair back.
- will bring my own drink & food
- will use hand sanitiser at the end the session and avoid touching door handles etc on departure.
- will use surface disinfecting spray, as necessary.
- will dispose of my used gloves and take away at the end of the session.
If you are not ready to have an organiser in your home, I offer virtual decluttering and organising.
If you have any further questions, please do get in touch.
Terms and Conditions
This document outlines details of what you can expect from working with Clear Out Clutter on a one-to-one basis, including limitations of work, insurance and confidentiality. It is a requirement that both parties agree to this before work commences. Please click here.
Confidentiality and Privacy
Clear Out Clutter is a professional service. I do not give away any personal or business details that I may notice during a session.
Advice that I give you as to whether you decide to keep particular possessions is always your responsibility and your decision. I may come across items that have a high market value. I will always try to identify these items but accept that I do not have specific expertise. I am happy to make enquiries to find the appropriate services to help with valuations etc for you.
I do my best to take care of your belongings although accidents may happen. I am insured as a business for Public Liability and Professional Indemnity. I shall not be liable for losses or damage and rely on you to carry insurance at all times which adequately compensates you for loss or damage.
Removal of belongings
Items that are removed from your premises, either for clearance or to other sites are at your discretion and authorisation. You must accept responsibility for all items disposed of in the decluttering process. It will not be possible to get items back once they have been taken away. I can help by taking items to the charity shop for you and arrange to shred paperwork (for a fee).
Limits of work
I will do my best to help you achieve the state of organisation you desire. I will help reposition items such as furniture, but there will be limitations within my physical capability. I may suggest suitable storage solutions and can assemble lightweight flat-packed furniture, if required. I can help source appropriate experts such as carpenters etc, if necessary.
Hours of work
You will be charged per session, not for the time taken to dispose of items to the charity shop.
Food & Drink
I will bring my own supplies with me.
I am very happy to source items or services such as skip hire or handyperson services. I can accept no responsibility for your relationship with such service-providers and you must be happy that their services and prices are appropriate for you.
We both have the right to cancel the contract due to unforeseen circumstances. If the cancellation is made within 48 hours of the planned session, and no replacement session is booked, I may, at my discretion, charge the intended fee. This will not apply if your cancellation is due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All payments should be paid ideally by bank transfer using the bank details shown on the invoice sent to you via email.
- A 50% deposit must be paid before each session to hold the date. This will be deducted from the final bill. If the deposit is not paid, I will not be able to come to the scheduled appointment. Please see Cancellation Policy
- I may use various materials as part of my work with you. Inexpensive items are included in the hourly rate (refuse sacks, storage bags, labels, stationery equipment). Other items, such as storage solutions will be at your expense. I can help you choose appropriate storage solutions.
- All remaining charges shall be payable on the day the session takes place, see (1) above. Interest will be charged at 2% per week on any balance due which remains unpaid after the booked session.
- I am not registered for VAT at the present time.
Cookies consist of portions of code installed in the browser that assist the Owner in providing the Service according to the purposes described.
Activity strictly necessary for the functioning of the Service
Activity regarding the saving of preferences, optimization, and statistics
Other types of Cookies or third parties that install Cookies
Some of the services listed below collect statistics in an anonymized and aggregated form and may not require the consent of the User or may be managed directly by the Owner – depending on how they are described – without the help of third parties.
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook, Inc.)
Facebook Ads conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects data from the Facebook advertising network with actions performed on this Website.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
How to provide or withdraw consent to the installation of Cookies
In addition to what is specified in this document, the User can manage preferences for Cookies directly from within their own browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing Cookies.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete Cookies installed in the past, including the Cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of Cookies by this website.
Users can, for example, find information about how to manage Cookies in the most commonly used browsers at the following addresses: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Notwithstanding the above, the Owner informs that Users may follow the instructions provided on the subsequently linked initiatives by the EDAA (EU), the Network Advertising Initiative (US) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (US), DAAC (Canada), DDAI (Japan) or other similar services. Such initiatives allow Users to select their tracking preferences for most of the advertising tools. The Owner thus recommends that Users make use of these resources in addition to the information provided in this document.
Clear Out Clutter