Sanctury ... A small safe place in a troubling world. - Lemony Snicket
Clear Out Clutter's Response to Covid-19
Please take your personal circumstances into account and those of any vulnerable people you come into contact with or live with before agreeing to use the in-home service. We are confident that our precautions minimise risk for you and ourselves. However, it can’t be guaranteed that risk is eliminated.
- will cancel/rearrange a session if we feel unwell or if a member ofourr household feels unwell with symptoms of COVID-1. We ask you do do the same.
- will ask clients to leave internal doors, windows and external doors, where possible.
- will take their temperature on the day of the session and we ask clients to do this also.
- will travel by car only.
- will ring the doorbell/knock, stand 2 metres away and sanitise hands, change into a sanitised pair of shoes, sanitise hands. again, wash hands with soap and water (dry using own towel) & wear a new pair of gloves.
- will wash hands and change gloves regularly throughout the session, as required.
- will stay 2 metres apart, where possible.
- will wear a mask/visor, as required and definitely if we are less than 2 metres apart.
- will work side by side or with their back to the client rather than facing, where possible.
- will avoid touching our face & eyes.
- will tie hair back.
- will bring their own drink & food and eat in their car.
- will wash hands/use hand sanitiser at the end the session and avoid touching door handles etc on departure.
- will use surface disinfecting spray, as necessary.
- will dispose of used gloves in bags and take away at the end of the session.
If you have any further questions, please do get in touch.
Terms and Conditions
This document outlines details of what you can expect from working with Clear Out Clutter on a one to one basis, including limitations of work, insurance and confidentiality. It is a requirement that both parties agree to this before work commences. Please click here.
Confidentiality and Privacy
Clear Out Clutter is a professional service. I never divulge any client personal or business details that I may see in the course of our work
Advice is given in good faith and it is always your decision to accept guidance on whether or not to keep particular possessions. Clear Out Clutter can’t therefore accept responsibility for the consequences of such decisions. See also Removal of Items below. From time to time, I may handle items which have a potentially high market value. While I will always use my best endeavours to identify such items amongst your possessions, you acknowledge that I do not have expertise to identify items of special value or rarity. If you require such professional advice, I am happy to make enquiries about appropriate services on your behalf. See also Referrals below.
When I handle goods belonging to clients, I take great care to look after them. Unfortunately, accidents may occur. I shall not be liable for losses or damage and rely on you to carry insurance at all times which adequately compensates you for loss or damage. I am insured as a business for Public Liability and Professional Indemnity.
Removal of items
Items to be removed from your premises, either for disposal or to other locations, must be at your own discretion. Disposal will not take place without your authorisation. You accept responsibility for all items disposed of in the decluttering process. I can help by taking items up to 5 large bin bags full of charitable items to the charity shop for you. I will take up to 5 large bin bags full. I can also arrange to shred paperwork for you (for a fee). Once agreed items have left your home, it is not possible to get them back i.e. as a result of changing your mind.
Limits of work
I will do all I can to help you achieve the state of organisation and tidiness you desire. I can help you relocate items to more appropriate physical locations, including moving heavy items during our work, but there will be limitations within my physical capability. I may make suggestions about storage solutions and am able to help you create such things (such as picture-hooks or command hooks on walls or the assembly of simple, lightweight flat-packed furniture) but anything more specialist (drilling, carpentry, heavyweight assembly) I will leave to the experts in those fields. If you need suggestions for suppliers of such services, just ask and I will help in any way I can. See also Referrals below.
Hours of work
You will be charged per session, not for the time taken to dispose of items to the charity shop.
Breaks and Refreshments
I do not expect you to provide me with food or drink and bring my own supplies with me. This is because I prefer you not worry about offering me refreshments as the process of decluttering and organising can be quite physically and emotionally demanding for you. If a session covers lunchtime, we might agree to stop for a 5 minute break and you will not be charged to this.
I am very happy to investigate the sourcing of items or services (for example, gardening, removal, skip hire or handyperson services) that may assist in our organising work and I may have links with trusted service people. I can accept, however, no responsibility for your relationship with such service-providers, and it is important that you satisfy yourself that their services and prices are appropriate to your needs.
Both you and I have the right to cancel the contract due to unforeseen circumstances. If the cancellation is made within 72 hours of the booked session, and no replacement session is booked, I may, at my discretion, charge the intended fee. However, this will usually not apply if your cancellation is due to unforeseen circumstances. All I ask is that you do not cancel should you feel demotivated or nervous on the day. You will feel reassured and motivated as the session gets underway.
Travel charges or further expenses paid in advance for which we cannot obtain refunds are not refundable and will be invoiced to you at the time of cancellation.
- Each session is 5 hours long. All payments should be paid ideally by bank transfer using the bank details shown on the invoice sent to you via email.
- A 50% deposit must be paid before each session to hold the appointment. This will be deducted from the final bill. If the deposit is not paid, I will not be able to come to the scheduled appointment. Please see Cancellation Policy
- I may use various materials as part of my work with you. Inexpensive items are included in the hourly rate (refuse sacks, storage bags, labels, stationery equipment). Other items that I carry with us, such as storage solutions, are to show you by way of example and I can help you purchase these items if you wish in order to enhance the decluttering/organising experience.
- All remaining charges shall be payable on the day the session takes place, as set down in item (1) above. Interest at 2% per week will be charged on any balance due which remains unpaid after the booked session.
- Am not registered for VAT at the present time.
Cookies consist of portions of code installed in the browser that assist the Owner in providing the Service according to the purposes described.
Activity strictly necessary for the functioning of the Service
Activity regarding the saving of preferences, optimization, and statistics
Other types of Cookies or third parties that install Cookies
Some of the services listed below collect statistics in an anonymized and aggregated form and may not require the consent of the User or may be managed directly by the Owner – depending on how they are described – without the help of third parties.
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Facebook Ads conversion tracking (Facebook, Inc.)
Facebook Ads conversion tracking is an analytics service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects data from the Facebook advertising network with actions performed on this Website.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
How to provide or withdraw consent to the installation of Cookies
In addition to what is specified in this document, the User can manage preferences for Cookies directly from within their own browser and prevent – for example – third parties from installing Cookies.
Through browser preferences, it is also possible to delete Cookies installed in the past, including the Cookies that may have saved the initial consent for the installation of Cookies by this website.
Users can, for example, find information about how to manage Cookies in the most commonly used browsers at the following addresses: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Notwithstanding the above, the Owner informs that Users may follow the instructions provided on the subsequently linked initiatives by the EDAA (EU), the Network Advertising Initiative (US) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (US), DAAC (Canada), DDAI (Japan) or other similar services. Such initiatives allow Users to select their tracking preferences for most of the advertising tools. The Owner thus recommends that Users make use of these resources in addition to the information provided in this document.
May I take this opportunity to congratulate you for taking such positive action and I am very excited to be assisting you in transforming your space.
Clear Out Clutter